Barista - Downtown Crossing
Location: Salem, Boston South End, Boston Downtown Crossing
Reports to: Store Manager
Jaho is looking for passionate, kind and engaged people to join our team. Our dream barista is someone who wants to excel in all things and tasks they perform, from maintaining the cleanest bar in the world, to pouring that perfect shot to providing a memorable experience for guests. They have a great work ethic, take pride in their craft and are fun to work with.
- Create memorable and impeccable customer service. They smile and greet customers.
- Create a personal relationship with customers by learning their names and favorite drinks.
- Maintain a pleasant disposition and sense of urgency while working.
- Are always punctual and responsible for their shift and assignments.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Continually educate themselves on all things coffee and our current offerings. They taste coffee or tea every shift worked to develop their palate and troubleshoot products problems.
- Maintain the highest standards in the preparation and serving of a variety of drinks and food.
- Contribute to store profitability by following cash handling and cash register policies and procedures.
- Help their team maintain a positive work environment. Guide and train new hires.
- Kaizen. Look for inefficiencies and offer ideas and suggestions for improving operations.
- Identify customer needs and up sell them on relevant items.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Possess a current ServSafe Certification (or obtain one upon joining Jaho).
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Stand and walk - must be able to stand for shifts and move about the café.
- Use of hands - operate espresso machinery.
- Taste/Smell - ability to detect and perceive the smell of coffee.
- Talk/hear - frequently communicates with customers.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be able to occasionally lift or move heavy weights.
- At times may be required to work more than 40 hours a week.
Please email resume to email@example.com. Please include the location to which you are applying.
In addition to emailing your resume please fill out an application here.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state or federal law.