Location: Salem, Boston
Reports to: Management Team
Jaho is looking for passionate, kind and engaged people to join our team. The Baker/Pastry Chef is someone who wants to excel in all things and tasks they perform, from maintaining the cleanest kitchen in the world, to serving amazing food, to providing a memorable experience for guests. They have a great work ethic, take pride in their craft and are fun to work with.
Our Bakers/Pastry Chefs:
- Create memorable and impeccable customer service. They smile and greet customers.
- Are creative, love food, and take pride in their craft.
- Work with the front house staff to ensure customer satisfaction through speed and quality of service.
- Maintain a pleasant disposition and sense of urgency while working.
- Are always punctual and responsible for their shift and assignments.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Continually educate themselves on all things wine, beer, coffee and our current offerings. They taste beverages every shift worked to develop their palate and troubleshoot product problems and to match them to food.
- Maintain the highest standards in the preparation and serving of our menu.
- Maintain kitchen inventory and work with vendors to receive Just-in-Time deliveries to minimize waste and optimize storage space in the kitchen.
- Contribute to store profitability by following store procedures and working to minimize waste in the kitchen.
- Help their team maintain a positive work environment. Guide and train new hires.
- Kaizen. Look for inefficiencies and offer ideas and suggestions for improving operations.
- Use customer feedback to optimize our offerings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Possess a current ServSafe Certification (or obtain one upon joining Jaho).
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Stand and walk - must be able to stand for shifts and move about the café.
- Use of hands - operate machinery, execute menu.
- Taste/Smell - ability to detect and perceive the smell of wine, beer, coffee etc.
- Talk/hear - frequently communicates with customers.
- Must be able to occasionally lift or move heavy weights.
- At times may be required to work more than 40 hours a week.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the location to which you are applying.
In addition to emailing your resume please fill out an application here.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state or federal law.